Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Warm Up/Cool Down Before/After You Exercise!

Assalamualaikum and welcome to today "Wednesday Wonder". Honestly, before this I don't know what is the "theme" for "Wednesday Wonder". As you all know;

Infinitesane Daily Dose:
"Mega Monday" = Entertainment,
"Techy Tuesday" = Technology-related,
"Wednesday Wonder"= ???
"Thursday Thriller" = Heavy/World/Political issue,
"Berkat Jumaat" = Religious-related
"Sporty Saturday" = Sports
"Sunday Sunnyday" = WWE


However, I just assume "Wednesday Wonder" as random entries before. But here is the hard part about random entry, I don't know what to write, because I don't have a guide about random entries. And, it is weekly. So, I have to think random things every week? At last, recently it just pop into my mind. This is a blog. So, why there is no entry about me? (Since "Daily Dose" introduced). So, I came out with a theme for "Wednesday Wonder" is about writer-related. It still random though because I can write whatever I want. Just like this entry, we don't even start with the topic yet but the introduction is already this long.


(Baca lagi = Read more)

So, let's start with our topic. We already know that we need to exercise at least twice in a week and 20 minutes per session. Believe me, it will be the longest 20 minutes in your life if you don't exercise much. And if you don't exercise, your body will not get recharged and just like a cell phone, your body will get weak. Through exercise, you'll get sweat and remove unwanted toxic in your body. Actually I don't exercise 20 minutes in a session but I'll never stop before I break my sweat. And I can praise youngster this day as most of them living a healthy life. Playing badminton, soccer/football, futsal and recently cycling is starting to become more popular to Malaysian. It is good actually, because we will less polluted our air with our vehicles.

As we talking about the importance of exercise, I would like to remind you the importance of warming up before exercise and cooling down after exercise. It is REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT TO WARM UP & COOL DOWN. I don't think I'll write how to warm up/cool down here because you can read it here, here or here. I would like to share my personal experience here.

I do a "little" weight lifting as my exercise. No, I can't lift the heavy stuff, just a simple dumbell which I only can go until 8.5 kg ++. Here's the picture:



Before this, I am really lazy to do warm up. I think it is just a waste of time. I just go lift that thing and as it going to get heavier, (I start light and adding more weight) and when I reach a point where I can't lift anymore, I stopped. A few hours later, I feel pain and soreness in my muscles. I made a few research about it and I thought I'm having DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). So, I keep lifting, then resting for a few days, and then lift again a few days later.

Suddenly one day, I don't know why but I warmed up before I lift. And then suddenly, I don't feel that soreness anymore. And now, I can lift everyday (If I want). And now I believe the importance of warming up and cooling down. It will make my muscles ready to do the heavy stuff before I work out, and loosen the muscle after the work out. Remember, warm up before you exersice and cool down after you finish exercise.

Until then, see you tomorrow, InsyaAllah.
See you later,
Hasta luego,
Wassalam.

from,
K-tea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League