Thursday, May 17, 2012

Solidarity Across the Internet.


Assalamualaikum and welcome to all Infinitesane visitor. Hmm, don't you think this blog seems crowded? Well, that is not what I want to tell you.

This past few days, if you're in Malaysia, you'll notice that most or I should say majority Malaysian facebook users change their profile picture to the picture like one of the above picture. Why did they do that? Well there is a campaign "Solidarity With Palestinian prisoners on Hunger Strike".

(Baca lagi = Read more)

But first, what is solidarity? You can check on wikipedia here, or simply put, an integration. So, what is this campaign is all about?

“Thousands of prisoners in Israeli prisons have been on a hunger strike since April 17. Others, like Bilal Diab or Thaer Halahleh, have been on hunger strike for almost 80 days, demanding improved conditions for prisoners in Israeli custody – such as ending solitary confinement and allowing for more family visits. This is the longest hunger strike in history,” ~Mkaddem, The Wounded Palestinian Relief Association~


So, regarding the hunger strike, most of the Muslim around the globe joining this solidarity. But I'm not so sure about that. What I'm sure, here in Malaysia, there are A LOT of supporters that care about their brothers in Palestine. Sure, many thinks that just by changing your profile picture not going to benefit the prisoners. But they are proved wrong. The Israeli officials said Monday that the prisoners signed an agreement outlining better conditions and an end to their strike (source). So, I'll maybe change my profile picture this weekend.

However, this is not the end. Palestine still need to be free. Just by ending this strike, that doesn't mean that the Palestinian is now at peace. I do hope and I pray each and every day that Palestine will win back their land. I know nothing much I can do, but I do hope my pray is heard.

With that, see you later,
Hasta luego,
Wassalam.

from,
K-tea.

p/s: Further information on the solidarity: here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League