Monday, May 14, 2012

The Avangers, SeeFood & Farid


Poster taken from imdb

Assalamualaikum and welcome to Infinitesane "Mega Monday". I've watched "The Avengers" two weeks ago, but the next Monday I think I should write something about Bob Kuman's death. So I postpone my intention.

However, this week not only I'll comment about "The Avengers", but also SeeFood and a new singer I just found out today, Farid.



(Baca lagi = Read more)

Let's start with "The Avengers". High hopes as I'm going to watch the movie after listening the positive review and comments about the movie. And fortunately, the movie didn't disappoint me. Alas, the movie is a high budget movie. So, the effect, and sets are awesome.

Poster found here


Next, is about the Malaysian animation movie, "SeeFood". I didn't watch it in the cinema, but I watch it in High Definition on television via "Astro First".
Astro First is the first ever service in Malaysia that brings the cinema experience right into your home. With Astro First Movie Portal on Astro Channel 480, the window between the cinema and Pay TV will be shortened and Astro customers will have access to the latest local cinema titles (as early as 2 weeks after the cinema debut) in Malaysia, available for viewing via SMS. ~source

I also have a high hopes on this movie. However I'm quite disappointed with the movie. I'm not really have a high hopes on the effect or the animation quality, but after bragging about their "success" abroad, I really hope this will impress me. I don't know what was wrong with the movie. Is that about the music selection, or just a loose storyline. I think what's bother me is the loose storyline. I don't even know where is the climax, where is the main plot. Is it about saving the eggs, or human rage, or about deep sea creature try to take over the coral. And while deep sea creature attacking the coral, suddenly martle and octo act like there is nothing happen when they worrying about Julius. And after Julius come back, the deep sea creatures retreat just like that. So, who's the antagonis? I don't know, I'm not a professional about movies and stories, but I can say I'm puzzled throughout the movie. I'm sorry, it's not that I'm not supporting Malaysian films, but I cannot tolerate with the storyline. I still can torlerate about the animation quality or the effects quality, but the story is the main thing that will sell. I'm sorry, I'll give a 2.5 stars out of 5.

Lastly, today while I just browsing the facebook, an ads suddenly caught my attention. It's about another Maher Zain-ish singer want to try his luck on the market. Plus, he's a Malay. He's not a Malaysian Malay though, but he's still a Malay. Not sure whether he grows up in the US or just lived there. I'll quote from his website:
Farid is an Indonesian American Muslim Singer from California who combines R&B, Hip-Hop and Pop music with Islamic philosophy. If you like artists like Maher Zain, Outlandish, Native Deen, then you’ll love Farid. Like his page, “Recommend” to support his music and download his latest album, “Bismillah”. ~source


He even mention Maher Zain to sell his product. At first, I want to choose the word "wannabe" instead of "Maher Zain-ish", but I think the word "wannabe" is kinda negative word, even though I meant good. I'm one of Maher Zain wannabe too. Nothing wrong with that. However, I feel sorry to say this but, so far (I've not listen many of his songs yet) none of his songs impress me. I want to support him especially he's a Malay, but it is different when I was listening to Maher Zain song for the first time. When I was listening Maher Zain song for the first time, I fell in love with the sound, the melody and many other indescribable quality. I will maybe listen to his song and give him a chance for a few days which I didn't do it when I first listen to Maher Zain or even Native Deen for the first time. Sorry bro, I'm just being honest. Plus, music is a subjective evaluation. Perhaps other people found the songs good. He is giving his EP FOR FREE for a limited time only. Just click here or here (for malay site). His name is Farid.

That's all for now. I want to shut down my laptop sooner today because electric bills are hiking. Maybe my excessive usage of my laptop. As for my other blog, "Between the Post", today is not a very productive day because for today there is only 2 entries as nothing much going on today. The first one earlier this morning while tonight there is another one entry.

See you later,
Hasta luego,
Wassalam.

from,
K-tea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League