Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When Foreigner Speak in Malay...


Assalamualaikum and a very good "Wednesday Wonder" to all Infinitesane visitors. I'm sorry again for a really late post. I don't have any excuse though. It's just I watch football/soccer match between Malaysia vs Syria in the Olympic qualification round where Malaysia lost 3-0 and Fadhli Shas got a red card.

Today I want to share about an interesting competition that took place a week ago. It was a really interesting competition. It is "Malay International Public Speaking Competition". Yes, it was really interesting to watch foreigner speaking Malay. All and all it's really entertaining. There were 8 finalist divided to 2 category which are 5 "Antarabangsa(International)" finalist and 3 "Nusantara(Archipelago)".

So, I will provide you videos and a little bit my opinion below :
(Baca lagi = Read more)

First of all, I will share with you the videos of "Nusantara" category. However, I will not comment anything about these contestant. Well, they're from archipelago, they suppose to speak Malay well right? So, they're competing seriously. I mean by content, presentation and body language.

1st place (Malaysia) - Fathiah Ibrahim



2nd place (Brunei) - Dayangku Mumtazah Pengiran Haji Md Jaafar



3rd place (Indonesia) - Wahyudi



Now, the fun part. Let's watch finalist from International category:

1st place (Afghanistan) - Sebghatullah Qazizada


Well, what can I said. He is a well deserve to win the competition. He was appealing (speech presentation), he didn't show any sign of nervousness. And he looked relaxed throughout the speech. He even sing "Gadis Melayu(Malay Girls)" and quote Yuna songs. It show he made his homework really good.

2nd place (Russia) - Polina Matveycheva


First of all, her smile is cute. But, she stumble a little here and there. But it still entertaining.

3rd place (Latvia) - Elena Vorobyeva


She is also appealing. I mean she made me smile by her body language. However, her content was not as strong as the other winner. She was too relaxed and made her content loose. But she is beautiful.

(Japan) - Yota Tamura


Ah...zannen deshita...I bet he learned Malay using Katakana (Japanese writing system to write foreign words) which I'm not prefer when you want to learn foreign language. Because the malay pronunciation was pretty bad. I even couldn't understand some words that he said. He Japanised Malay words. But he was the most entertaining contestant that night. Because of his naiveness.

(Moldova) - Marina Makarova


Well, I fell in love at first sight when I saw her. Well just because she's pretty. On the other hand, I felt sorry for her because she was too nervous on the stage. She even forgot some of her content and need to pause to remember the content. But I forgive her for her smile. (Damn pervert!)

I think that's all for now. Once again, I'm sorry for this late post for today. I hope I will make it for tomorrow. I hope I can make subtitles for all videos above but:
1. My English bad
2. I don't have much time
So, if you like this entry, comment and/or share Okay?

See you later,
Hasta luego,
Mata ne,
Jumpa lagi.

K-tea.

p/s: Source from here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League