Tuesday, March 20, 2012

iPad: Turning Technology Into Fashion


Assalamualaikum and a very good "Techy Tuesday" to all infinitesane. I almost have no idea what to write for today. But Alhamdulillah, I manage to find a topic to share with you. At first I thought I would like to write about Chris Blizzard leaving Firefox. But then I think "Who would care about that?". So today I'll share my thought with you about the transformation of technology.



Recently, Apple has announced their new generation of iPad. From what I've read, it's a breaking record sales for this new device. But, is it really new? Take a look at this article. Apple fans may call me a hater but it's true. I'm not an apple user and I'm not an android user too. But I think about this thing rasionally. Basically, there is nothing much changed compared to it's second generation device. And before it even launced, many have made prediction that the new iPad is just an "iPad 2 with accessories". But I've read somewhere that many of the new iPad buyer are a "first time apple user". That is an exception. I think if there is no apple fans, and no iMania (iPad, iPhone etc.), I don't think they'll sell well. Because it's not worth it to buy a new iPad for an iPad 2. Because it's the same thing.


So, how apple do it? Well, I'll said apple brilliantly injecting fashion into technology. Remember how ladies love to buy handbags, shoes, and other things just to keep it in the house? Same goes to apple device. The designs are so sleek and cool so this device helps the users to look great. And it's become a trendy thing if you're using apple device. Remember iPod? It's a same thing as mp3 player. But it is much more expensive yet it still sell well. The secret? It is the appearance of the device. Even when you scroll the playlist you look cool. By doing this, apple will secure their market in the future, as they have such a strong base which is their fans.

I'm not saying that things to belittle apple. It is still a hard work to do things that are cool and sleek which is the design. It takes many prototype and failure. So, well done apple. But I'm still not buying your product because it's too expensive.

That's all for now, I'm hoping that one day I'll buy at least one of their product. However, many of my stuff are sony product. So, maybe I'm thinking about being a sony boy?

See you tomorrow, InsyaAllah.
Wassalam.

K-tea.

p/s: My brother is going to Korea in the middle of the year. Maybe Samsung Galaxy SIII are going to release there? Romours said it will launched this May.
pp/s: Image taken from here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League