Tuesday, March 13, 2012

RockMelt: A little update


Assalamualaikum and a very good "Techy Tuesday" to all Infinitesane visitors. First of all I want to apology for a late posting for today. I just fall asleep and I get up late. I notice that among last week entries, the entry about RockMelt was number one entry that most visited by visitors. Thank you again for visiting Infinite. I'll try my best to keep this blog alive. Love you all as always.



Back to our topic. Today I'll just going to tell you what I feel after using RockMelt in a week. As I'm writing this entry, I still using RockMelt. It's a good sign right? As you can see the first image, you can still browse the internet WITHOUT logging in to your facebook account. But I think you still need to log in and log out again. I'll just going to show you what features you may encountered using RockMelt.

(Baca lagi = Read more)


At first, after you running the browser, you may see the image above. My first time using it takes a long time since it is importing from the default browser so if you've been ask to import from previous default browser, just say no. Just like you say no to cigarette and alcohol. It slows the first impression. But then my second time running this browser this thing comes out:

Man...at first I'm quite freaked out because I don't know what to do. Did I just messed up something important? I'm not geek enough to know all about my laptop. But I kept calm and wait for a while to let it cool down. Then I tried again. And Alhamdulillah, it shows what it suppose to show. Like this image below. It suppose to be like that.

So, you've successfully logged in. What can you do? Well it's a social browser. You can share anything you think interesting on the web. So, this is how you share. I used youtube as example to share to my facebook wall. I know many websites nowadays have a sharing button so you don't have any problem to share with that. Even youtube. They have share button below the video. But I'm using RockMelt sharing feature to share to my wall. If you found out something interesting inside a website and the website didn't provide sharing option, you still can share the website by copying the URL to the status bar in your wall to share it. But with the RockMelt sharing feature, it makes it easier. Just follow the instruction step by step in the image sequence below.



That's all you have to do to share anything in the web.

Next, you also can update your status without go to facebook site. By using a update status button, you can update your status. But I don't think this is practical. Logically people will update their status when they in the facebook site. But then, if you think this is cool feature, you can follow the instruction in the image below:


I just found out 1 flaw of this thing. YOU CAN'T TAG PEOPLE USING ROCKMELT FEATURE. Well I found this disappointing.

That's all for now. We'll see you again tomorrow InsyaAllah. You like this entry? share and/or comment. Thank you.
Until then,
See you later,
Hasta luego.

K-tea.

p/s: Proton will reveal their new model soon. What do you think about it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League