Friday, July 22, 2011

Malaysia XI vs Chelsea Review

Assalamualaikum and hello to all Infinitesane visitors.

As I promised before, here is the review from last night match between Malaysia XI vs Chelsea. First of all, I'm sorry if this entry comes little late. It's just too much distraction avoiding me to write this entry. I'm not blaming anybody but the heat here wearing me out. I just felt like I want to lay down all day long. Anyhow, last night, just a great match for the "young tiger" or "harimau muda". I'm not sure whether I manage to point out all my point in my head right now because now I think I'm losing my concentration.

So, Ong kim Swee, the coach for Malaysia olympic squad did a very good job last night. If only they can sharpen their striker's finishing touch, I think they have a chance to qualify to olympic 2012 in London.

So, what is the importance of the senior and ex-national player do last night? My answer is to ease the pressure to the younger squad. I think if the younger squad starting the match last night, maybe they can't shows their true performance due to nervousness to compete against 5-star player. But it maybe just my prediction. However, the consequence is the chemistry between the senior player and the younger squad that have only trained together for two week is lacking. You can see the ideas here and there but usually the passes not properly delivered because the players couldn't read the game they want to play. But sometime, they also make a few threats to the chelsea side. However, the defensive line was awesome last night. The two center-back for this olympic team actually taken by coach Rajagopal for the senior squad against Singapore tomorrow, so Ong Kim Swee borrowed some of the senior player from Malaysian league which is ex-national player, Norhafiz Zamani Misbah and S.Subramaniam from Kelantan. Both of them played really well. A lot of dangerous chances (and I mean it) from Chelsea being denied by both of them, aside of Norhafiz Zamani Misbah which is I think not totally fit for national team anymore, I really think Rajagopal should consider Subramaniam to join the national squad. He just so good. He also played 90 minutes last night. We should also not forget the contribution of Farizal Marlias, a former national main goalkeeper that denies Torres and Sturridge chance to score. He just awesome last night. He was also the goalkeeper against Manchester United which ended by 3-2 for MU. As a conclusion, senior player that involves last night did a very good job especially the back line. And thanks to the other senior player. I just think that Joseph Kallang Tie was not playing in his top performance like he did in Final FA cup against Kelantan. Maybe he just nervous.

Subramaniam gives pressure to Fernando Torres

Shahrul Azwari attempt on goal


Move on to the olympic squad. As the games move on in second half, Ong Kim Swee make changes to give a chance to the olympic squad to gain experience. Only then, the game start to fired up especially attacking force since they already get their chemistry among them. And just I was said before, the finishing is a little bit lacking. However, they're still young and I really hope they can develop fast so it won't be too late to be at their peak. I notice that Safee Sali, the prolific striker from the main squad reaching his peak a little bit too late because he is over 25 to find his top form. But nothing wrong with that, you're awesome, it's true. Need I to remind here that the late Mokhtar Dahari, the legend get his recognition when he was just 20's. So to olympic squad, keep up the hard work, so you don't need to wait for long time to get recognized. I loved how the commentator kept saying that the young player competing against certain player such as Fandi Ahmad against Drogba, Ashley Cole and other top players. It shows us we can compete. The build up was so nice. The video below is the great chance by Tamil Arasu last night, look at the passes, world class right? Maybe he's nervous or he just lack of experience? Who know. But if Safee Sali was there, the chances of that ball to go in the net is much higher.
Tamil Arasu tightly guarded by Billy Clifford




The Drogba goal was controversial but, that's football (soccer). Sometimes linesman made some mistake and we should consider Chelsea got luck in this game. That's okay...See for yourself, you think? is it crossed the line or not?



Lastly, I want to point out something that was not related to football(soccer). It's about the incident of Yossi Benayoun get "booed" last night. I know he is an Israeli, that makes me wonder why he is allowed to come to Malaysia. I remember when Chelsea was about to come to Malaysia when Avram Grant was the manager, but cancelled due to Avram Grant nationality. He is also an Israeli. They should know, in Malaysia, even we are not extremist Muslim, we are warm and nice to other but, we still know and cry to our brothers and sisters in Palestine. We never acknowledge Israel as a country. They write "the sickening anti-Semitic abuse" in fanhouse.uk here but think again. If you think the "booed" was an abuse, how about Israel act to seize the land in the West Bank to make their own settlement? How about their threat to the peaceful flotilla? Is that not sickening enough for you? You made us, anti-Semitic looks like a criminals for hating what they did to our brothers? How about what they did? Is that not a crime? is that not an abuse? Think again.

(Okay, after I perform my solat, I began to think again, it is unfair to blame only on Yossi Benayoun right? Maybe I just caught emotionally regarding my brothers and sisters in Palestine. Maybe he(Benayuon)personally sympathize upon things happen in Palestine. Islam had taught us that not to treat others mean right? Maybe I'm wrong in this issues but in Malaysia, Israel is a sensitive issue. I apologize on my word a few hours ago. Still, I hate Israel action toward Palestinian.)

That's all for now, see you again in next entry about the World Cup qualifying match between Malaysia vs Singapore. I pray Malaysia will win.

Hasta Luego, Mata ne, Jumpa lagi...

p/s: All photos from dailymail.co.uk, all videos from Sokernet.

(Read more = Baca lagi)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League