Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thomas & Uber Cup Asian Qualification: We're ready! To lose?

Assalamualaikum and a very good day to all Infinitesane visitor.

Today, I want to tell you about what's going on in the sports news headlines in Malaysia. Aside our MSL (Malaysia Super League) and Olympic qualifier, all eyes are set to watch our badminton squad progress that will be sent to represent our country to the Thomas cup especially.


As most of all Malaysian know, Malaysian badminton pride nowadays are only depended to Dato' Lee Chong Wei, the world No.1 Ranking in badminton. The others? Fail TERRIBLY. This issue has been a polemic since a long time ago. And I don't mean to discourage them. I hope they don't get me wrong here(only if they read this blog). I do hope they will do their best to not fail to enter the final round of Thomas cup. It is just they are not "fierce" enough to make their opponent afraid. Instead, they(most of players except Chong Wei) look very weak physically and mentally. Just look at China. I know some of you may said let apple compared to apple, China is a very big country and there is a big pool of talent to nurture there. They've been asked to trained and live their live on one purpose, in this case badminton. But, if Chong Wei can beat Lin Dan, why not others do well?

It all depend on their motivation strength. Lee Chong Wei once said in a talk show "kafe sukan(sports cafe)" that most of the juniors when they know they've to face an established player, they know for sure that they will lose. It shows that they've already lose before the battle start. But Recently, Liew Darren said to the media that he will do his best with whoever he will face and perhaps making the upset to the favorite. I hope he will do as he said.

Lets move on to the double players. Our no.1 pair is surfing on the tsunami I think. Honestly, I don't know what to comment about Koo Ken Kiat and Tan Boon Heong. They have problem among themselves(?) They cannot do well even after changing the coach. Well actually it become much worse. They cannot win against Korean pair, even to the infamous pair, I mean non-favorite. And after Rexy leaves them and coaching the women's double, two women's pair manage to climb the ranking to the top 20. How's that huh?

Last but not least, my eyes are getting sleepy right now. The upper management of BAM (Badminton Association Malaysia) said to media, that the Thomas Cup is not their priority. Instead, they're aiming for the Olympic golden medal. What a loser statement that was. I said earlier about the same attitude to the junior squad and now the management also? But not all of them, most of them acting like a loser like me(hahaha).

Well, I think that's all for now, I need to go to sleep.
See you later,
Hasta luego,
Mata ne,
Jumpa lagi.

p/s: (16th Feb 2012) I've made a newer entry about the qualification round here

(Baca lagi = Read more)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League