Sunday, February 19, 2012

When footbal/soccer become more or less like WWE

Assalamualaikum and a very good day to all Infinitesane visitors.

First and foremost, I just want to tell you that in a few hour, WWE Elimination Chamber will start and I really hope my internet connection will be nice with me. So, this is the theme song for "WWE Elimination Chamber 2012" or in Germany, they still call it as "WWE No Way Out 2012". Correct me if I'm wrong. My source is from Wikipedia. So we don't know whether it's true or not.




So, back to our topic, if you notice(if you're a football/soccer fans), The football nowadays is attractive not by just the game. The off-field "game" is also an attraction for the fans.

Why did I said that? Well click "Baca lagi"(Read more) if you in the homepage. If you not, then keep reading.

Why did I said football more or less like the WWE? The feud, the rivalry, the racist issue, the corruption issue look like it's been scripted, just like WWE. I know, most of the WWE fans know that WWE is scripted. It's for entertainment, just like we watch a TV series in television. I once watch "Bola @ mamak"(a talk show that talk anything about football in a mamak restaurant). One of the panel told us that the role of the tabloid paper in UK is to spread out rumors (eg: transfer rumors) so that people will get excited and attracted with the league. But transfer rumors is not attractive in Malaysia.

My point now, all the issues for example, the issue of Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez whether they're shaking hands or not is more attractive than the game itself. John Terry and Anton Ferdinand, just naming a few. Fabio Capello resign from being the England manager just because John Terry is striped from being the England's captain.

Back to Malaysia. The main story is corruption, match-fixing. The Malaysian FA's officials was also said involved in this issue and make the FA were furious with the Singapore's newspaper report. And not to forget, Peter Butler's disagreement with the Kelantan management. Will it make him resign? As AFC Cup is approaching.

The good part is that people will give more attention to the league. Even though the issues are negatives. It still attract people to keep up to date with the stories. As you know, the league possessed "some" income by the sponsorship and broadcasting(not sure about that though, I just make that up or I just assume that). By developing this issues, will attract people to watch the game. People waited eagerly just to see whether Evra is going to shake hand with suarez, well I don't watch the game though, I'm not a foreign league fans, but I watched the clip at "Bola @ mamak", I saw, Suarez don't want to shake hand with Evra right? Evra gives his hand to Suarez, but Suarez just ignore it right? I can understand what Suarez feels after being suspended for 8 games, now that man who cause it want to shake hand with him? He just being emotional. It's just make him look like a bad man or a heel if you watch WWE.

That's it for now, I need to sleep early so that I won't miss Elimination Chamber. After a cup of tea, I'll try to sleep, with that,

See you later,
Hasta luego,
Mata ne,
Jumpa lagi.
Wassalam...

K-tea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Malaysia Super League